Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. We love waffles, pancakes, grits, eggs, bacon. Yum! Kerrie as the best homemade pancake mix for when you run out of Bisquick. You may not have to buy Bisquick ever again.
Here is the pancake mix recipe:
Kerrie’s Homemade Pancake Mix (store up to 6 weeks in an air tight container)
- 5 cups flour
- ¼ cup baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Butter flavor shortening or butter
- Using a Kitchenaid mixer or food processor – blend in ingredients until powder.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
- If you use butter, baking mix needs to be stored in the fridge or freezer so that the butter wont go rancid. If using shortening, it can be stored in a cool, dry place.
- I usually do about 3 batches of this recipe at once.
Not only is this mix more healthy, it cost less. A 96 oz. box of Bisquick comes to: $6.52. Kerrie’s mix comes to $4.02
This mix is used to make pancakes, waffles, scones, and biscuits.
- 2 cups mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Mix ingredients together.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake unto a hot greased griddle.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- 1 cup mix
- ⅓ cup milk
- Add milk to baking mix. Be careful not to over stir it.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- 2 cups mix
- 1⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white beaten to fluff.
- Stir all ingredients until blended.
- Pour batter onto a heated greased waffle maker.